Thursday, November 17, 2011

3 days...

...UNTIL THE PHILADELPHIA MARATHON!

Hi friends! I figured it was time for an update since it has been a few days since I have been on here :) As always, life is busy. Jeff and I have been traveling to PA almost every weekend for photography shoots, job interviews and family events. Along with all of this we have continued our marathon training. We cannot wait until we are settled in PA and life calms down a bit. I received a job offer today which I am thrilled about and last weekend we found an apartment to live in starting in January. Even more exciting, the apartment is in the bottom of my sister's house! We are all so happy. With my new job I have off most Fridays and plan on spending all day with my sister and Wyatt :) Everything is falling into place and we couldn't be more thankful.

I'll share with you a pinterest project Jeff and I have been working on-a new bed for Ollie! We've been searching for the perfect antique suitcase for this project. A few weeks ago we found one on Ebay and made the purchase. I found an adorable throw blanket at Marshall's (with whales on it) to put inside. Jeff added the legs on the bottom with some wooden candlesticks we found at Michael's.


We wish it was a bigger, but Ollie still loves it. We find him laying in it, all curled up, every night :) We're going to start looking for one that's a bit bigger because for some reason we thought Ollie was smaller than he is. Of course there is a little toy in there for him, too.


I can't write a post without a few pictures of Wyatt, can I? Here's happy Wyatt and happy Aunt Cait...


And mad Wyatt and mad Aunt Cait...


My sister is the best mama in the whole world (besides our own mama of course). I have loved watching her love her little peanut...


Oh hello, there...


It doesn't get any cuter, people. He is simply amazing.

As you saw in the beginning of the post, we are THREE days away from running the Philadelphia Marathon! Jeff and I are running our last run before the race (2 short miles) this afternoon. I can hardly believe it is here. I might be more excited for the race to be over than it to start. Kidding (kind of). I am just excited for the day to be here and to accomplish something that has always been of dream of mine. More importantly, I get to accomplish it with my husband by my side. We are heading into Philly Saturday afternoon to visit the race Expo and staying the night so we are well rested for the beginning of the race at 7 am on Sunday! I'll be posting a race recap on Sunday evening or Monday (depending on how exhausted I am) so stay tuned.

One last picture that HAS to make you smile! Jeff has been wanting to take this picture for a long time. Last Sunday we finally got it! It took 3 people (1 driver, 1 photographer and 1 person to make sure Ollie didn't jump out the window) but we finally captured our pup in his glory...


Hope you are all doing well, thanks for always reading commenting :)

8 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck on your race!

Aileen said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck running your marathon this weekend! You will do great. Congrats on the job! I love the pictures...such a sweet baby.

Chrissy @ littleyellowkitchen@gmail.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow. That is the BEST puppy-out-the-window picture that I have ever laid eyes on. Last week my sister was blow drying our puppy after a bath and I was able to capture the most awesome picture of his reaction.
This reminds me of it :)

Meaghan O'Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration said... Best Blogger Tips

That picture of your puppy is absolutely ADORABLE! :) Good luck on your marathon, sending you lots of well-wishes!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

What's the new job??? Good luck on the race! You guys will do great. Love the pictures, especially the last one!

Kathy said... Best Blogger Tips

Wyatt is soooo adorable! Ollie too!
I wish you luck on your new job, and your run with Jeff!! :]

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the suitcase-dog bed... Although I'd have to find a pretty big suitcase to fit my 60+ pound pup!
P.S.Fun blog!

Allison said... Best Blogger Tips

The suitcase bed is an AWESOME idea! I'm begging for a puppy for Christmas (chances are slim) but I would totes love that for my little fluff ball :D

P.S. Your little nephew's tie t-shirt is adorable!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design