Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Look Back on Our Honeymoon

Because I started this blog after our wedding, I realized that I haven't shared any of our honeymoon pictures with all of you! And since we had such an amazing honeymoon (and will probably never be able to afford another trip like that again), I figured I would write a post sharing our experience with you. The day after our wedding we traveled to St. Lucia Sandals Regency Resort for 8 glorious days!


Can you tell we were tired? We didn't get to the hotel until 1 am and had to leave for our flight around 6 am...ugh! If I could do anything differently for my wedding there is only 1 thing I would change. Jeff and I would have liked to have spent a day after the wedding in Lancaster (the city we were married) instead of flying out the next day. We felt very rushed and exhausted.


I loved my outfit choice for the plane-cute yet super comfortable. I found the white dress at a little boutique in Ocean City New Jersey. The coral sweatshirt is from Gap. And as always, I had my camera in tow :)


As soon as we got there we ordered food. Our week basically revolved around food! There were so many great (all inclusive) restaurants to choose from. I believe I gained 5 whole pounds, but that's fine. Every bite was worth it!


Breakfast in bed the next morning since we were honeymooners :) I can still remember what I ordered-fresh fruit and banana bread.


Don't judge my morning look.


The resort was beautiful. There are 3 Sandals in St. Lucia and we stayed at The Regency (the second biggest/second nicest). I loved it!


Yellow polka dot bikini from Target. I noticed a few other ladies at the resort also had this suit...oops!


One new thing for you to learn about me-I dislike the beach. I used to say I hate the beach, however I don't necessarily hate it. If there isn't a pool, I will sit on the beach. If there is a pool though, I am definitely there instead! I would rather swim where I can see my feet and lay where there isn't any sand. I know, I am lame. Here is a picture of one of the days Jeff convinced me to swim in the ocean...


Bathing suit from Gap.


A lot of the activities on the resort cost extra money so we didn't do any outings. However snorkeling was free! We love anything free. I hate snorkeling. I lasted about 3 minutes in the water then watched Jeff the rest of the time. I really don't know when I turned so lame!


Tubing and wake boarding were also free. YES.


Of course, drinks were free.


Jeff's favorite drink was called a Pink Lady :)


Can you believe I worked out every single day there? I must have been in crazy "get fit for the wedding" mode still! What was I thinking? At least I felt better eating plate after plate of food at night!


Overall we had a great trip, as you can see!


And although we were sad to go...


...I was thrilled to get back to NY and start our lives together.


If you missed our wedding day...click here for a re-cap!

8 comments:

Dorothy at Belle of the Kitchen said... Best Blogger Tips

Aren't y'all the cutest?! It looks like you had a blast.

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

We're getting ready to go there on Friday for our 10th anniversary trip. Any advice?

Cait @ A Bicycle Built for Two said... Best Blogger Tips

So exciting! Are you also staying at the Regency? I do have some advice that I also gave to a friend that went a week after us-make reservations at the Hibachi restaurant the first night you are there (it fills up quickly- we went twice because it was so good). Ask for the good alcohol at the bar or else they will give you local island stuff. Skiing/wakeboarding/tubing is free at the Halcyon (10 minute shuttle drive away). Sign up for free snorkeling! That is all I can think of for now, you are going to have a blast :)

GirlyGirlCooks said... Best Blogger Tips

What a fun trip and I love your swimsuits! I think it's funny that Jeff's favorite drink is the Pink Lady...Dusty always orders a "skip and go naked" and I tease him all the time! Gotta love men!

B Positive said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Cait!

I found your blog on StumbleUpon and I just think it's awesome. I am 25, newlywed to my husband Adam and also a blogger. I like the style and honesty in which you write. Blogs are such a great place to tell people who you are. I'm also only 5 feet tall (4' 11" and 3/4 but I keep that to myself) and I love to run and write and cook! I cook mostly Vegan stuff. And then as I was flipping through your honeymoon pics I saw that I have the same bathing suit in brown. I love connecting with people and sharing stories about life. I'm really glad to have found your blog and am now a follower. Feel free to check mine out at

bpositivebfree.blogspot.com

I do a lot of art on there and just love to write and stay positive about life. Thanks for sharing your blog. Hope to talk to you again soon!

All the best,
Becca

Melissa @IWasBornToCook said... Best Blogger Tips

We stayed there on our honeymoon too, in 2005. We spent the first week at Ti Kaye Village and the second week at Sandals Regency. We had a blast...looks like you did too! :)

Cait @ A Bicycle Built for Two said... Best Blogger Tips

Becca-
So glad you found us on here and on facebook! It's funny how much we have in common :) I look forward to reading your blog more and becoming "blog" friends! Thank you for your kind comment!

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes, we are staying at the Regency. Thanks for the advice!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design