Friday, January 7, 2011

Apricot Cinnamon & Pecan Hummus

First and foremost, I hope you love our new blog design as much as we do! We worked with Erin, from Edub Graphic Art and Design and could not be happier with her work. Not only was she super easy to work with, but very reasonably priced. I found her website through Etsy and loved her style, yet she worked hard to make the blog "our style" too!

Lately I've been all about hummus. I used to hate the stuff (probably because it wasn't chicken fingers or fries)...but like I shared before, I'm over that stage and therefore embracing my love for chickpeas. Today I was inspired by Mama Pea, who made a similar hummus for her girls one day. I didn't have almonds on hand as her recipe calls for, so I adapted it a bit and came up with this...

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup raw pecans
  • 4 dried apricots
  • 3 pitted dates
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • splash of water
This recipe is beyond easy. Just cut up the apricots and dates then place all of the ingredients in your food processor or blender and blend well! I added a little more than a splash of water since it was thicker than I hoped for. Here is the final result:


I think this would taste especially good with pretzels, but I chose carrots for today.


Guess what? IT'S SNOWING! I just got a phone call from the school of the kids I nanny for and they are getting dismissed early. That means no gym and movies and hot chocolate with the hubby all night instead :)

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design