Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

Did you know that before this year I had never tasted a sweet potato? They freaked me out. In my mind, potatoes were yellow/beige/white...not a bright orange. Man was I missing out! These are one of my favorite foods now. I made some sweet potato chips over the summer but was craving fries, so I made a healthy version on my snow day today.


Ingredients:
  • 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt
  • pepper
First, peel the sweet potatoes and cut into long strips (the thickness of french fries). Then, place them in a medium sized bowl and mix with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet, making sure they are spread out so they each heat at the same temperature. Heat at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Then, flip them over and heat again for about 10 minutes or until soft.

1 comments:

Ashley Miller said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum!! I love sweet potatoes in all forms! :) These fries look so delicious and easy to make!

I am looking forward to reading more of your blog!!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design