Saturday, January 8, 2011

Eat a Habanero Pepper...Check!

Tonight Jeff and I were a little bored, so we decided it would be a great idea to cross another item off of our bucket list. Bad idea. Thankfully, I was only the camera woman and did not have to burn my mouth and stomach off like my poor hubby did after he ate a habanero pepper! Here is the video to prove it (don't mind my voice, I'm sick):




Afterward he darted straight to the kitchen to guzzle down some milk. We just bought this milk today and no kidding, more than half is gone. Google told us this would help take the burning away. Google was wrong.


The milk didn't seem to work as planned, so he moved onto mint chocolate chip ice-cream next. And now he is currently sitting next to me sucking on a Popsicle. I sure am glad he took on this challenge for me, however I see a trend occurring (Jeff also attempted The Saltine Challenge a few weeks ago). Thank goodness I have a husband who doesn't mind eating pretty much anything...

I am trying to beat this sickness I have going on, so the rest of the night will be spent drinking green tea and watching my new favorite movie: Julie & Julia.


Ps. It is 30 minutes after the pepper eating (5 glasses of milk, 2 bowls of ice-cream, a popsicle, and string cheese) and Jeff just turned to me and said, "My mouth feels like it is legit on fire." I guess his dinner is spoiled, poor guy :/

3 comments:

deb said... Best Blogger Tips

Just Stumbled here, and am enjoying your site very much! Too late, but chocolate is actually THE antidote for fiery food. Just a piece of chocolate. You guys a really cute!

Cait @ A Bicycle Built for Two said... Best Blogger Tips

Deb,
I wish we knew that when Jeff did this! At least now we know for the next time we decide to eat a hot pepper ;) Thanks for stopping by!

Anika said... Best Blogger Tips

lookin for some new recipes, i came across your blog and OMG.. you guys are sooo cute! I am recently engaged and i pray that me and my husband-to-be can be so close and fun! You guys rock!!!!!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design