Friday, January 28, 2011

Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Angel Hair Pasta

I thought of this recipe from a movie I used to watch. And if anyone out there knows it, could you please tell me the title? I used to watch it all the time with my sister-a movie about a little girl who ice-skated. Her mom died and she was sent to live with her dad. She had a guardian angel who always made her pasta with sun-dried tomatoes. Sometimes I think I am making this movie up, because I haven't been able to remember the name for the life of me! But I promise...it is real. I think. Anyways, every time I think of this movie I want that pasta that the guardian angel made for the little girl.


Ingredients:
  • 2 Chicken Breasts
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 3/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
  • 1 cup Marinated Artichoke Hearts
  • 1 Garlic Clove
  • 1/2 Box of Angel Hair Pasta
  • Grated Parmesan Cheese
First, chop and saute the garlic and the olive oil for a few minutes. Meanwhile, cook the angel hair pasta on another burner (3-5 minutes). On a separate burner, cook the chicken breasts (yes this unfortunately creates a lot of dirty dishes)! Once the garlic and olive oil are heated, add the sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Once pasta is cooked, toss the tomatoes and artichoke hearts in it. Top with a chicken breast and parmesan cheese!


While the chicken was cooking...I admired the new shelves Jeff put up for me tonight! I was getting sick and tired of all of my bulk item foods piling up in plastic bags in my cabinets. So, I bought some cute canning jars to hold them in. What do you think?


Here we have: wild rice, fruit trail mix, muesli and cinnamon.


Alright, back to cooking! Here are the artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes I used (you can also used dried tomatoes in water, and simply drain half or more of the water out).


One more side note: do you remember how my toes were blue last week? Yup, still are. Therefore I wear Jeff's tiger slippers :) They are so obnoxious but more importantly, so warm.


I just took them off since my feet are a little too hot at the moment. At least my toes aren't blue though, right? And at least we had a great meal for dinner!


We're off to have a movie night with our friends Lauren and Fritz! We're watching "Easy A"...which is probably super corny, but hopefully entertaining. Accompanying it with some Trader Joe's apple bread! Hope you have a fun weekend planned :)

4 comments:

thechurchcook said... Best Blogger Tips

What beautiful looking dish! And slippers! I need those to keep my feet warm! :)

Cindy Kruse said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the shelves and jars! SO glad that Jeffrey is sharing his favorite slippers with you ;)

GirlyGirlCooks said... Best Blogger Tips

There is a surprise waiting for you at...
http://thegirlygirlcooks.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

Ruhye said... Best Blogger Tips

the movie is called Dad, the Angel & Me :) starring Judge Reinhold

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design