Sunday, January 16, 2011

Breakfast in Bed

Jeff and I decided not go to to church this morning (oops) and instead made a delicious breakfast for each other to enjoy in bed! Now we can cross that off of our Bucket List! Even though it is now closer to lunch time, so it was actually lunch in bed...it was still so relaxing and yummy. We made whole wheat pancakes and an egg-in-a-hole! Not just any hole though, a heart hole :) So if you need a Valentine's Day idea, this would be perfect to make your loved one for breakfast. We'll start off with the whole wheat pancakes...


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons oil
Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in one bowl. In another bowl, scramble the egg, then add the milk and the 2 tablespoons of oil. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Pour into a greased pan...and well, you know the rest, right? Everyone somewhat knows how to make pancakes! Or at least I hope.

Jeff got down and dirty in the kitchen. He makes a mean pancake. Do you like his apron?


Jeff made a perfect circle for perfect pancakes! He's so smart...


I took my first photography class yesterday and am now officially never shooting on auto again! All of these pictures were taken in the setting Av (which controls aperture) and M (which controls shutter speed, aperture, and ISO). Although these pictures took a while to get, therefore making the pancakes cold to eat, it was worth the practice! I took the class with Okello Dunkey who runs his own DSLR Workshops. It was very helpful and reasonably priced, so if he is teaching near your hometown at any time I highly suggest taking one or two of his classes.

Ok back to the pancakes. These were super thick (we used less milk to make them extra thick) and added some frozen berries to top them off!


Jeff made a face with his berries. If only he was smiling a bit more. Although if I was being eaten, I probably wouldn't be smiling either...


Want to see what else we made? I'll be posting the recipe and more pictures later tonight or tomorrow. For now, we are heading to the mall to buy a NEW LENS! A 50 mm 1.8 lens that I am oh so excited about. Okello had one that I tried on my camera in class yesterday and I fell in love. Thankfully it is affordable! I also may or may not buy myself a pair of winter boots I saw at Aldo yesterday. Coming up later...

How cute is this?

2 comments:

Kathy said... Best Blogger Tips

Jeff is smart! Trying this tomorrow, and hopefully I can make a perfect circle for my pancakes! Or use a spoon to make pancakes...no...I want thick pancakes. Ooh, I love thick pancakes!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I follow your blog religiously and I made these pancakes the other day for Easter. They are the best pancakes I have had. Not only are they delicious but I felt healthy eating them...well not this batch because it was Easter and I loaded them with chocolate of all forms since I gave up chocolate for Lent...but I would feel healthy eating them if they were without all of the chocolate.

Thank you for all the great recipes and great posts!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design