Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Raw Fruit Crisp

Before I show you a super easy raw fruit crisp recipe, I'll share with you our coffee date at Panera Bread the other day! First, we headed to a park downtown to look around and take some pictures with the new camera lens...


However, we quickly realized that it was far too freezing to be using our hands to press buttons on the camera and instead drove ourselves to Panera to get some hot chocolate (for Jeff) and hazelnut coffee (for myself). It is much more enjoyable to be indoors than outdoors these days. I hate that.




It warmed us right up! This next recipe won't necessarily warm you up since it is not a warm fruit crisp, but it will fill you up. I found this recipe on whole foods and adapted it a bit to my liking. Do you ever feel like your body is just craving fruit? Needing fruit is more like it. I definitely eat less fruits and more breads during the winter months, and my today my body told me to EAT FRUIT. I listened.


Ingredients: (adapted from Whole Foods)
  • 1 apple, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup of raw granola
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
First, core and chop the apples. Next, cut your strawberries. Place the fruit in a bowl or dish and cover them with the 1/4 cup of orange juice. Toss until the fruit is completely covered with a little bit of juice. Add the rest of the toppings and you're done!


You could choose to either eat this as a snack or dessert. And if you would like to pretend that it is ice-cream as I did today, eat it with this kind of spoon...


Don't you just wish you could eat ice-cream everyday? I guess this will have to do for today. It is a close second anyway ;) You can really add any kind of nuts, fruit and/or granola to this recipe. Easily turn this into a gluten-free recipe by simply using gluten-free granola. How will you change it up to make it your perfect raw fruit crisp?

8 comments:

Ashley Miller said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmmmmmm... your fruit crisp looks so delicious and refreshing! This would be perfect for breakfast! :)

By the way, your photos are beautiful!!

GirlyGirlCooks said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! I love a good fruit crisp! I want to make this!

thechurchcook said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't think of better, whole foods than this! :)

Ande said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum, this looks so good. I love fruit! I just found your blog recently, and I have to say that I have been inspired!

Dorothy at Belle of the Kitchen said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks so yummy and healthy! And I'm alright with pretending it's ice cream...especially when it looks that good.

Kathy said... Best Blogger Tips

Now I want one! With the crunch of the fresh fruit, and the chewiness of the dried fruit, and the sweetness of the granola...ahh I can imagine it now!! Esp. the dried fruit

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh, this looks delicious!
So glad I found this blog, you and your hubby are so cute! (in an awesome way!) and you have such joy on your faces. Total newlyweds. LOOOOVE it@

marla said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the raw crisp! Linking back to this today :)

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design