Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Egg Salad Sandwiches

Whenever I think of egg salad sandwiches, I think of summer. And since I really really want summer right about now, I made Jeff and I these yummy sandwiches for lunch! Thankfully Jeff and I are heading south to Florida in April so won't have to wait too long for some sunshine, but until then...these egg salad sandwiches will keep us smiling. I feel a little bit silly posting a simple sandwich recipe, however one of the most important things I have learned by reading food blogs for hours upon hours a day (oops) is the importance of simplicity. This post isn't necessarily a new or amazing recipve (although it is very good), it is to help you remember that there is more to eat for lunch than turkey & cheese every day! So, if you haven't had yourself an egg sandwich in a while...try this one.


Ingredients: (for 2 sandwiches)
  • 5 hard boiled eggs
  • 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons chopped flat leaf parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 pieces of toasted bread

First, boil your eggs. Place the eggs in a saucepan and fill with cold water until water is 1 inch above the eggs. Place the pan on the stove and cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil. Once the water boils, reduce heat to low. Simmer the eggs for about 10 minutes. Drain the hot water from the saucepan and run cool water over the eggs that are now hard boiled. Once cool enough to touch, peel the shell off of all the eggs.

Next, cut the hard boiled eggs into small pieces. Place in a medium bowl and add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and parsley. You may also choose to add a little mustard, however we are not fans of the yellow stuff so left it out of the mix!

While combining your ingredients, you may want to toast your whole-wheat bread. Once bread is toasted, fill the sandwich with the egg salad!


We chose to eat ours with chips, a pickle and a nice glass of water. Well, I had the pickle...Jeff did not. One of our Bucket List items is for Jeff to eat a pickle one day!

egg, salad, sandwich, recipe

Lunch was not only easy to make but very filling.

Guess what? Jeff and I crossed off another item off of our Bucket List last night! We finally finished the 1,000 piece puzzle we started a few weeks ago. It really was not my favotite activity, but thankfully I have a husband who always completes projects once starting (I would have quit after the second day). Here it is:

Glad this project is over! Now onto the next item...any suggestions on what we should attempt to cross off next?


7 comments:

GirlyGirlCooks said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on finishing the puzzle!

Carly said... Best Blogger Tips

this post has made me want to have an egg salad sandwich ASAP!

javagirl54 said... Best Blogger Tips

Your egg salad sandwich looks delicious! So simple, yet mouthwatering! Also, where did you find that puzzle? I LOVE it!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice collection of the pics that is useful for losing weight i am very happy for your nice ideas.
Thank you for post..

Jason said... Best Blogger Tips

Great work guys. I love the deli style sandwich. The kettle chips and pickles are the perfect side.

Kathy said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never ever made an egg salad sandwich before--I know, hard to believe! I wonder if that jar of mayonnaise in my fridge has reached it due
date...

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I had this sadwich for lunch today using leftover Easter eggs...soooo yummy! :D

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design