Monday, February 14, 2011

Spread the Love

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope your Valentine's Day has been great so far. I know mine has-simply waking up next to the man I love is enough to keep me smiling the entire day.

So I know for some of you, Valentine's Day isn't all it is cracked up to be. Whether you don't think you have a valentine or simply hate the "money hungry" holiday (as I sometimes do)...it is understandable. However, there is always someone out there who loves you and who you can love. Don't believe me?

Meet The Weldons


This beautiful family is awaiting the arrival of their baby girl (in the picture frame above). They are adopting an 8 month old girl from China this spring! The Weldon's have been family friends of ours for quite some time, and there is nothing I would love more than for them to have no stress or anxiety when holding their baby girl for the first time. However stress and anxiety is inevitable when you are short thousands of dollars due to the high expenses of an adoption. So I am asking you, will you love them this Valentine's Day? Instead of spending money on overpriced chocolates and flowers, please visit their blog and contribute to bringing this little girl home. Trust me, you will feel much better after giving a few dollars to this family instead of eating too many overpriced chocolates ;) I'll leave you with a quote from Angie:

----------------------------------------------------------
"part of our journey is the joy of our future daughter. we can hardly wait to meet her and i am in a constant state of anticipation knowing that we will someday be united and our family will finally feel complete. i have already seen God provide a way for her and He renews my faith just as i am about to loose hope. it's been a traumatic lesson in trust, one that i need desperately."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll ask one more time, will you please love them this Valentine's Day?


Here are a few pictures from our Valentine's dinner we had at Red Lobster last night:


After a lot of contemplation, we finally decided on our meals. I ordered lobster pizza! Jeff had crab legs, shrimp and mashed potatoes!


And of course we enjoyed my absolute favorite carb in the whole world...Red Lobster's cheesy bread biscuits!


We decided to go out to eat last night and spend tonight together at home. I have a special dinner planned for us. Here is a sneak peak (more pictures to come later):

Lobster Ravioli for him...


Butternut Squash triangoli for her...


And some small treats for after...


I'm off to the gym (for the first time in 2 weeks-yikes) then home to make a hopefully fabulous dinner for my love!

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I know you have no clue who I am! I came across your blog when I was looking for a recipe one day. Every now and then I come back to see what new things you have! I love your creative ways.

I would just like to thank you for posting the Weldon's story. I have 5 adopted cousins (4 from Korea and 1 from India) and my father was adopted. I think it is just a wonderful thing! Thank you for sharing their story and allowing us to help! This was the most meaningful Valentine's Day story I have read today.

ABender said... Best Blogger Tips

I love how the body cares for one another and takes on one another's burden's.... thank you cait for the tangible reminder of how we can love one another! I love you!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design