Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our Sunday.

The weather was beautiful yesterday! We knew it was the perfect day to take Ollie to the park for the first time. Before the park though, he met his first baby friend-our niece Sienna. They are now best friends, as you can see...


Because of Ollie, we can officially cross off "Meet 3 new people in a day" from our Bucket List. His cuteness pretty much attracted everyone at the park today! We met so many new people, especially other dog owners! Ollie also met his first goose.


I already love this little man so much. I can only imagine how much more I will love him years down the road...


For today, I thought it would be fun to participate in a blog trend going on. A survey! I haven't done one of these since Myspace days, so it was pretty entertaining. Hope you learn some new things about me:

A. Age: 22

B. Bed size: Full-crazy I know! But our bedroom is incredibly small. I can't wait until we have a normal sized house so we can have normal sized everything else.

C. Chore you dislike: Dishes. Thankfully my husband thinks doing dishes is therapeutic.

D. Dogs: Ollie (short for Oliver). He is a 9 week old Westie.

E. Essential start to your day: A hug from my husband.

F. Favorite color: Green and yellow. Our entire apartment is green and yellow!

G. Gold or silver: Silver rings and necklaces but I will wear gold earrings.

H. Height: 5 whole feet!

I. Instruments you play(ed): It started with the recorder in 4th grade. I then tried piano lessons but quit after 2 lessons. I finally decided on the flute and played throughout middle school.

J. Job title: Nanny.

K. Kids: No kids yet, but hopefully some day. Jeff and I hope to have 3 children.

L. Live: Port Jefferson, Long Island NY. However after Jeff finishes PT school next June we will move to Pennsylvania (where my family is from).

M. Mom’s name: Cynthia Denise Kruse. Want to read her blog? It's awesome because she is awesome. Go HERE to check it out!

N. Nicknames: My full name is Caitlin, so Cait is a nickname I guess. In high school I was often called "Kruser" since Kruse is my maiden name. My family sometimes calls me "Caity" or "Miss Cait." My sister and I call each other "Willis." Always have, always will :)

O. Overnight hospital stays: Nope! Never been to the hospital except for x-rays recently.

P. Pet peeves: CHEWING. I absolutely hate chewing. It doesn't matter if it is loud or quiet-if I can hear it, I hate it. I have had this pet peeve since I was little so my family used to have a "dinner CD" that we would play during meals so I wouldn't focus on the food rolling around in everyone's mouths.

Q. Quote from a movie: I'm not sure if this is considered a quote, but it is one of my favorite clips from The Proposal: HERE to see it!

R. Righty or lefty: Righty.

S. Siblings: A sister named Lauren. She is 4 years older than me. My birthday is May 2 and hers is May 3. I carry her heart in mine...

T. Time you wake up: Now that we have Ollie...who knows! This week it will be 6:00 am in order to feed Ollie and be ready for work in time.

U. Underwear: I wear them, yes.

V. Vegetables you don't like: Mushrooms or beets.

W. What makes you run late: I'm never late. I always have to be on time. I even drive to work early and wait in a nearby parking lot until my clock in the car turns 7:48 since I have to be at work at 7:50. I am anal.

X. X-rays you’ve had: Toes because I have freaking raynaud's syndrome.

Y. Yummy food you make: Check out my recipe page!

Z. Zoo animal favorites: I hate the zoo. One time I ruined our family vacation because my sister wanted to go to the zoo and I refused. It is still a sore subject among my family members.

It's back to reality today. I had off of work for a week last week! And although it wasn't exactly relaxing considering we had to watch Ollie every second, it was great to be home. At least my job isn't stressful and I get to see my favorite 2 year old again...back tomorrow with more recipes!

5 comments:

Toronto Girl West said... Best Blogger Tips

Ollie is an absolute sweatheart!!!! Being a fur mommy myself - I can tell you that you'll grow to love your pup to no end! It's a lovely process! :o)

One thing - you may want to talk to your vet about walks with Ollie now that he is so young.

When we got Daisy we were told to limit her walking terrain until she had her full complement of shots (so until she was about four months old). Specifically we were told to stay away from grass or sad where she might be exposed to the feces of other animals.

But then again, my vet may have just been overly paranoid!

So Domesticated said... Best Blogger Tips

That was fun... love learning things about people. Maybe it's beacause I'm a little nosey!

Sar said... Best Blogger Tips

I Googled Raynaud's syndrome ('cuz I was curious) and it's kind of cool--I mean, as far as having a "syndrome" goes, you could have it way worse (nto that it makes you feel any better, I'm sure, and I am sure that it completely sucks).

Also, you guys are the cutest couple ever. Just FYI.

claire said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw I remember Myspace survey's ;)

GillyCakes said... Best Blogger Tips

Your little guy is so, so adorable! My four legged friend is quite large (he's a 75 lb rescued pit bull), but it's funny because one of his best friends is a chihuahua/pug mix that he absolutely adores. He's my gentle giant! It's so funny how once you have them for a bit, you wonder how you ever lived without them. Even if they do cause a little trouble here and there!

I love your blog and how you and your hubby do it together. I have a bucket list too and I think it's so awesome you guys work on yours together. (And that they are actually reachable goals!) Good luck with getting them all crossed off your list! I look forward to seeing all of the things you will post in the future! :)

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design