Friday, February 11, 2011

Spinach Parmesan Balls

I have the "Clark girls" to thank for this recipe! The Clark family is one of my family's closest friends. We refer to them as Aunt Holly and Uncle Andy and I consider their girls my dearest friends. I'm also pretty sure everyone in our town agrees that they should open their own bakery since they are such fabulous bakers! At a party a few weekends ago they made these spinach balls and kindly shared the recipe with me.


Ingredients:
  • 2 packages frozen spinach
  • 2 cups herb stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farm)
  • 4 eggs, beaten well
  • 1 stick of butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 large onion, diced
  • 1/2 tsp thyme
  • salt and pepper to taste
First, cook the spinach and drain well. Then, it doesn't get any easier: mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Form into balls and bake in the oven at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes. Note: My Aunt Holly also mentioned that this recipe works best when you refrigerate the dough for about an hour before forming the balls. I didn't do this, but can see how it could keep the balls together better.


These make a great appetizer for any party! I ate about five at the party a few weekends ago and have been snacking on them all day. This recipe makes a lot (and it can easily be doubled for a larger party).


Check back tomorrow to see another item checked off of our Bucket List. Trust me, you won't want to miss this video!

1 comments:

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips

YUM! Pretty easy, aren't they?! So glad you enjoyed the recipe! My Grama will be so happy...her recipe. I'll have to tell her you blogged about it. She's in her 80's with her own email AND Facebook :)

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design