Monday, June 27, 2011

Chicken Pesto Pizza

While shopping at Trader Joe's yesterday I spent some time looking around for things that I don't normally buy. There are SO many fun things in that store that I overlook when in a rush. Jeff and I get into a routine of eating the same meals every few weeks so I thought I would attempt to change it up. I found an herb pizza dough and knew I could do something fun with it! After picking up a chicken breast, some pesto and fresh mozzarella we had an amazing pizza for dinner that was ready in less than 20 minutes.


Ingredients:
  • Already made herb pizza dough (or make your own)
  • 2 tablespoons or more pesto
  • 8 large slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
  • 1 large chicken breast
If you buy the already made dough and pesto, this dinner can be ready in under 20 minutes! Start by grilling the chicken. While chicken is grilling, prepare the dough.

Place the dough onto a lightly greased pan and spread the pesto and mozzarella on top.




Top if off with the chicken and cook in oven for about 6-8 minutes. Easy and delicious! I wrote this post while watching The Bachelorette last night. Who is your favorite? I am a huge Ben F. fan but also love J.P. I still can't believe I watch this show...I just can't give it up as corny and staged as it gets!

I'll post some pictures from our weekend photography shoots tomorrow, so stay tuned for some beautiful prom couples and adorable, happy kids.

10 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love JP..Just easy going and content. But Ashley is so dramatic she'll probably end up with kooky Ryan that everyone can't stand.
The pizza looks delicious and healthy. Cheryl

Buckle Up said... Best Blogger Tips

This pizza looks great- thank you for posting! I love anything with pesto on a nice summer evening.

As for the Bachelorette- don't feel bad because I still watch it religiously too. It's just so addicting! She is going to feel like a fool when she watches this season and sees all of the interviews with Bentley and what a jerk she is. As for the guys that are still in it- I wish Ben F would get a hair cut. JP is definitely my favorite. Lucas seemed to have a little more of a temper than I expected last night. We shall see what happens!!!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

i love pesto on pizza! such a fun change up from regular tomato sauce.

Carly said... Best Blogger Tips

Sometimes when reading your posts I wonder what the heck happened to the girl that only ate carbs and pasta and would mix things up with the occasional prom diet of lettuce and pretzels. (Which never failed to end up in a morning-of dress alteration. Thank God for Mammy!) As I've said before I am repeatedly impressed by the ways you've expanded your tastes, let alone the recipes you come up with! I cant wait to try this!!

Amy Anderson said... Best Blogger Tips

I adore pesto. And especially pesto pizza. Thanks for spreading the gospel! :-)

Amy @ A Little Nosh

Lauren@LittleYellowKitchen said... Best Blogger Tips

Um...bachelorette is so addicting but so awful. Why oh why can't I stop watching it?! P.S. I also love JP :)

Cait @ A Bicycle Built for Two said... Best Blogger Tips

I literally ask myself the same question every Monday night! And every season I tell myself it is the last one I'm watching...but when it rolls around again I can't help myself :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love JP! I can't wait until they have the reunion show so that she can rip into Bentley for all the horrible things he said about her, like "I hope my hair looks alright when I make her cry." What a jerk... (dot, dot, dot) LOL!
Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks

Aimee said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm shamefully addicted to the bachelorette too, and sometimes I can even get the hubby to watch it with me. I think I like JP and Blake.

Also, this pizza looks so good. We're addicted to pizza at our house.

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm this looks delicious, can't wait to try this myself! :)

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design