Monday, June 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

My husband is the king of deals (online deals, that is). He may not be an extreme coupon-er, but when it comes to finding deals on the internet...he is the best! A few weeks ago he bought a ton of our favorite kind of peanut butter because Amazon had a great deal (I can't remember the exact deal and he is not here to ask or else I would share it). Since we have had over 6 jars of peanut butter sitting in our cabinet right now I decided to put some of it to use tonight. I made some cookies!


Ingredients (adapted from here):
  • 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), room temperature
  • 1/2 cup honey peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup whole oats
-In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix together.

-In a kitchen aid, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars for about 3-4 minutes or until fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat again for another minute.

-Pour the dry mixture into the wet and mix well. Finally, add in the cup of oats and stir evenly.

-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the cookies on a greased baking sheet for about 10-12 minutes or until browned!


I try not to keep cookies around the house too often, but I have made a batch the past few Mondays because Jeff has had class until late. So, out of boredom and feeling sorry for my hubby that works so hard at school, I've been baking :)


Sometimes I feel like adding some oats makes cookies a little healthier. Silly, I know! This was a great recipe and I will definitely be using it again. Not as great as my whole-wheat chocolate chip cookies, but still good. I'm off to snug my pup and watch the Bachelorette. Waiting for my hubby to get home from class to enjoy the dinner I smell cooking in the crock-pot right now! Hopefully he arrives home soon...or else I may have to start without him ;)


9 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm watching the Bachelorette as I'm reading this! Lol.
Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks

Kathy said... Best Blogger Tips

I literally had an urge to look for a 'like' button
I try not to keep cookies around either, and if I do, they go straight into the freezer!
There's a possibility that I'll make these ;)

Ginnette said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh they look very yummy! And specially for me that in this days I have craving for peanut butter.

Cait @ A Bicycle Built for Two said... Best Blogger Tips

Ginnette,
Unfortunately those cravings come everyday for me! I don't think I could go a whole day without peanut butter :)

Mary said... Best Blogger Tips

Love this recipe. I added to chocolate chips to it tonight when a made a batch. Delicious!

Cait @ A Bicycle Built for Two said... Best Blogger Tips

Mary,
Great idea with the chocolate chips! I wanted to add some too, until I realized that I used them all last week...hate when that happens. But, they were still good without :)

Mary said... Best Blogger Tips

Cait- Just curious, what was the brand of honey PB you guys use?

Cait @ A Bicycle Built for Two said... Best Blogger Tips

Skippy Creamy Natural Honey PB!

Celine said... Best Blogger Tips

I just made these cookies for a work party tomorrow. I added peanut butter chips to mine because myself along with my co-workers all love peanut butter that much! I had to taste test one of course and they are delicious! Thank you for the recipes! (This and the many others I have tried!)

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design