Sunday, June 19, 2011

Marathon Training Update

It's time for a marathon training update. Jeff and I started seriously training 3 weeks ago, once his finals were over and we could really focus on our runs. We are up to 6 miles this week, which we completed earlier today. We always try to wake up early on Saturday or Sunday to get the run out of the way and to beat the heat, but some days it is too hard to pull ourselves out of bed. We didn't get out to our run until around 10:00 which we learned was way too hot! We were pretty miserable after 6 miles...


So, I have an embarrassing confession to make. A few weeks ago I fell (hard, on my face) while running one day. Jeff started laughing since it was pretty funny I'm sure, until he realized that I was crying! I was crying more out of embarrassment and frustration, not because I was hurt. Although I did get scraped up a bit. I didn't think I would fall again, except today I DID! Ugh. So frustrating. We were about 1.5 miles into our run when I wiped out. Jeff explained to me that I don't pick up my feet high enough to clear cracks in the road. So now I'm very careful when running, because it would be pretty humiliating to fall during the actual marathon with thousands of spectators! Jeff really didn't want his picture taken after out hot run. Looks like I got my way this time though...


We stopped at CVS around mile 3 for some water-it helped but I was still dragging today. Some days I am excited and ready to run and others I feel like I have to force myself. Today was one of those days. Next weekend we are up to 7 miles. Whenever I think "I can never run a full marathon," I remember the time I thought I could never run a half marathon and DID! Thankfully I always have Jeff by my side encouraging me. And I always have this little man to want to run home to :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Keep up the good work!

The Hungered One said... Best Blogger Tips

Sorry about your face! Good luck on your training - I like reading about it. And your puppy is super cute, too!

Kathy said... Best Blogger Tips

Hope you're OK~!
It's great to have a husband that supports + motivates you, huh? ^^
Ollie is super duper cute, by the way!

Mary said... Best Blogger Tips

Just to be clear... I have fallen more times than I'd like to admit running and I've cried about it too. My husband Paul, has given the same sage like advice Jeff has about picking up my feet. Here's the thing, I am only 5'3" and he's 6'4" so I think it has more to do with stride length- or at least I'm going with that. Way to go on training!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design