Friday, June 10, 2011

Fun Friday

It's Friday! Who else is excited about that? Hopefully all of you. Jeff has off on Fridays so we always try and do something fun with Sean, the little guy I nanny for. While we usually take ourselves to Dunkin Donuts, we decided to step it up today and head to one of the many diners in NY! I love diners-they are laid back, cheap and yet the food is still always good (breakfast food at least, I usually don't eat dinner at diners).


Jeff ordered himself a huge plate of french toast with a side of bacon.


It was a nice treat for him from his normal every day bowl of shredded wheat cereal.


I'm learning a lot about being a mom with this job. Most importantly, always be prepared. I always always carry lollipops, water, a change of clothes and toys to keep Sean entertained!


Once his pancakes came though, he was in the zone and oh so happy.


After breakfast we headed to Trader Joe's for some of our staple groceries. Sometimes I shop at Stop n' Shop, however I do try and get to TJs once every two weeks to grab some of our favorite foods! Here's a look at what we got this week...


Some watermelon and cantaloupe for fruit salad that I am making this weekend...love fresh fruit in the summer!


Our two favorite frozen things: pizza and chile lime chicken burgers. It is great to have these in our freezer in case we have a busy night. I also keep sandwich thins frozen so we always have buns to eat the burgers on.


And for dinner tonight? Some chicken breasts marinated in pesto with garlic couscous.


What are your staple items at Trader Joes? Or, if you don't have a TJs near you (so so sad if so), what are some staples that you get every week at your grocery store?

Jeff and I are off to eat dinner together then watch The Roommate after. Seen it? Love it, hate it? We are probably wasting two hours of our lives on it...but we have nothing better to do :)

5 comments:

The Hungered One said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh man my family and I used to do "cheese dinners" at Trader Joes, where we bought a bunch of different crackers, cheeses, and random appetizers for dinner. It was so fun.

Emily SW said... Best Blogger Tips

...I think my comment got eaten. :(

I am so sad there are no Trader Joes in Colorado! Whenever there is one in a place we visit I require that we stop! We have to stick to non-perishable food since we're traveling, but you can bet the peanut butter filled pretzels & dried mango are always included.

Danielle (elleinadspir) said... Best Blogger Tips

He's adorable!

Kathy said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm not sure if we have a TJ's but at our local store (WinCo), I always get whole wheat bread, creamy natural peanut butter, Smucker's Simply Fruit jam, whole wheat + spelt flour, milk (either cow, almond, or soy), honey or agave or maple syrup, fresh fruit, carrots (if there are none at home), and/or frozen/fresh veggies, nonfat plain Greek yogurt, and dark chocolate chips (for baking, of course!)....and I think that's it :D

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love TJ's White Cheddar Shells, the pita chips, the Cats Cookies and their Chicken Burgers - are the Chili Lime Chicken Burgers good?

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design