Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Pasta Salad

As you probably already know, Jeff and I spent this past weekend visiting my family in Pennsylvania. We spent a day on the bay and ate some amazing pasta salad made by my lovely sister! I liked it so much that I wanted to make it for Jeff and I to have on-hand for lunches this week. Kind of like I did with the chicken salad recipe (which was also inspired by my sister's recipe). Maybe she should start a food blog?


Ingredients:
-1 bag whole wheat pasta, cooked
-1 tin of cherry tomatoes
-2 small cans of black olives
-2 small heads of broccoli
-1 large red pepper
-1 large green pepper
-1/2 jar Italian dressing

-First, cook your pasta.

-Then, chop up all your veggies. I chopped all of mine small and cut the tomatoes in half. This unfortunately takes a bit of time!

-Add the veggies to the pasta and mix. Finally, add in the dressing. Pour it onto the pasta and mix around. I used about a half of a bottle.


How easy was that? It makes a ton, so it's perfect to take to a BBQ. I probably made too much for Jeff and I to eat...but hopefully we are able to finish it all before it goes bad or we are sick of it!


Jeff and I enjoyed this outside at the house I nanny for today. We had a lot of fun with Sean, playing with the hose and water guns. It definitely helped us all keep cool with this heat! After water games we relaxed and ate some cookies of course :)


Some days it is ok to get completely messy...


Hot weather, water games, pasta salad...I think it is officially summer in my book!

9 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I make this pasta salad all the time and switch the ingredients around to keep it different.. Sometimes I will use a seeded english cucumber, canned artichoke hearts, black olives, cherry tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese with greek salad dressing..YUM!!

Love the photos (i look at every one) and the blog just keeps getting better :-) love you and hope i get to see you this summer!
Love, Kim in CA :)

Kristen said... Best Blogger Tips

yum! I make something similar but just add dill for a little extra taste. Or if you want a different twist - I sometimes make pasta salad with greek dressing, dill (i'm obsessed), cherry tomatoes, and fresh mozz! yeay summer!

Cait @ A Bicycle Built for Two said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Kim! Miss you...can't wait to see you at Megs wedding. How long will you be in NJ for? Laur and I are trying to plan a weekend to visit before then.

Kristen-I was going to add mozzarella to this and forgot! I love anything with mozz cheese on it.

Brittanyisabird said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks so good! I'm going on vacation soon and have been deemed "head chef" for my five hungry friends, so this is perfect!

Kristen said... Best Blogger Tips

Yea me too! I usually get those little fresh mozzarella pearls from the special cheeses section- perfect size and delish! keep those recipes coming- I'm excited to try some out this summer :)

Lou said... Best Blogger Tips

yum that looks great! thanks! and i've been following you for a while and i know that you love oatmeal. which i do too! can you please have more recipes with oatmeal? i love:D

Jessica's Dinner Party said... Best Blogger Tips

The pasta salad looks so crisp and healthy, perfect for summer! Love the photos, such an adorable boy!

brandi @ BranAppetit said... Best Blogger Tips

this version looks great! i love all the different pasta salad recipes I'm seeing lately :)

Tine said... Best Blogger Tips

I love salads made so easy!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design