Thursday, November 4, 2010

Butternut Squash Casserole

Ok, so this is going to be a short post considering I just posted about 2 hours ago and nothing much has happened in my life from then until now...except for the fact that I have watched two great episodes of Law & Order SVU. I went to Marshalls today and found 2 adorable casserole dishes so decided to make a butternut squash casserole!

Since butternut squash intimidates me, I started off with buying the pre-peeled and cut kind sold by Trader Joe's...a big THANK YOU to them. This made the process much quicker. I'm not sure if I will ever buy a whole one, but we'll see.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of cut butternut squash (into cubes)
  • 1 tablespoon garlic
  • 1 small chopped onion
  • Gluten-free breadcrumbs (sorry, I didn't measure)
  • 2 tablespoons Earth Balance
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon parmesean cheese
  • Grated cheese for top
First, boil or steam the cubes of butternut squash for about 15 minutes or until soft. While this is boiling, combine the rest of the ingredients together. I did not exactly measure, so you can add more or less of anything! Some people use an egg when making casserole, but I didn't. Once the squash is soft, add it to the mixture of other ingredients, mashing it up a bit. I didn't mash it completely because I like some chunks. Then top with more breadcrumbs (gluten-free of course) and some shredded cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Finally...have a photo shoot with the cute polka dot dishes!



1 comments:

Ingrid said... Best Blogger Tips

Love butternut squash..THis looks great!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design