Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Yogurt & Granola Parfaits

Good morning! I made Jeff go with me to the grocery store at 8:00 last night just to get a few ingredients that I needed to make this morning's breakfast-he's such a trooper. I love love love pumpkin, and wanted to incorporate it into my breakfast this morning. So, I made some pumpkin yogurt then added granola, cinnamon, and bananas to make a cute parfait. This could be used as a breakfast, or even dessert since it is very sweet!


Ingredients:
  • Stonyfield vanilla yogurt
  • organic pumpkin
  • cinnamon
  • bananas
  • granola
  • whipped cream
This is obviously a very easy recipe, but can be a huge hit at a brunch or party for desert! All I did was added a few tablespoons of the pumpkin to 2 cups of vanilla yogurt. I really didn't measure anything out, just added it until the color turned a pretty gross looking orange. I then mixed in a few dashes of cinnamon. Next, make your parfait! Layer the yogurt, then granola, then slices of bananas and repeat until you reach the top of the glass. Top it off with some whipped cream and more cinnamon.



My mom and Jeff loved them! My Dad on the other hand, well he said the pumpkin yogurt looked the color of the paint on our living room walls and ate some toast instead. At least my two biggest fans enjoyed them! We are off to Church then I am heading to Panera Bread with my friends Carly & Liza. My mom and I are making stuffed acorn squash for dinner and I am SO excited to cook something so yummy with my mom. Check back later for updates!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design