Monday, November 15, 2010

Cinnamon Spice Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad

Today for lunch I wanted to try a recipe that my sister-in-law shared with me! We are having a potluck Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday afternoon with our small group from church and this ended up being a great side dish that I am most definitely making for everyone. Easy, Yummy, Healthy...that's my motto. Maybe that should be the name of my blog? If you try any recipes from this blog, this should be one! And maybe the baked oatmeal too...


Ingredients:
  • 1 large sweet potato chopped into cubes
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 small sweet onion chopped
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I used even more, probably more like 1 tablespoon)
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Like I said, this is an easy recipe! Most recipes I make are since I hate spending lots of time on making things because I am usually too impatient to wait for them to eat them. I also love an easy clean-up and this definitely was-only 1 cutting board, 1 bowl, and 1 baking sheet to wash.

Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes (turning/stirring every 10 minutes).


After 30 minutes you have yourself a Thanksgiving side dish, or for me...a wonderful fall tasting lunch. I love nothing more than eating sweet potatoes that taste and smell like cinnamon on a fall day! The only thing I would do differently with this recipe is add some kind of brighter color somehow-not sure how yet...but it's a little too "brown" for my liking. Still, delicious!


Notice my new bowl? ;) Thanks, Mom for buying it for me!


Every spoonful was tasty!


Thumbs up for another great and easy recipe...thanks to Kelly, my beautiful sis-in-law.


0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design