Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Day in the Life of my Mouth...and Belly.

I thought it would be fun to photograph everything I eat for a day. So that's what this post is about :) Even if I put 1 chip in my mouth...it will be photographed. Now I have off of work today, which means I usually am more relaxed and eat less than I would on an average day at work, but hopefully it is still interesting for you to read.

Up first, BREAKFAST: sausage, veggie, and scrambled egg muffins and toast w/ pumpkin butter & raisins.


While you would think that I would choose to sleep in on my day off, I ended up waking up almost earlier than I do for work. I know, crazy. But I never have the chance to make my husband breakfast, and knew he would like these scrambled egg muffins! I finished them just in time for him to take 2 for the road. And a few minutes after he left he texted me saying, "Yum. I should have taken 3 or 4." That makes me happy :) Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 pound of breakfast sausage (organic & gluten-free)
  • 12 eggs
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup of chopped green and red pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese
In a skillet, cook the sausage fully. While this is cooking, beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Once the eggs are beat, add in the peppers and onions. After the sausage is cooked, cut into small pieces and add along with the cheese to the egg mixture. Finally, spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and fill 1/3 with the egg mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the egg is fully cooked. Easy, good, and most of all...super cute! These are perfect if you are hosting a brunch or need to take something to a party.



Before posting about lunch, I wanted to show you how Jeff and I spent our night last night! Not only did we make some gluten-free pizza (which ended up being more like bread with cheese on top since we both aren't huge fans of sauce), but we also made a photo light box. What is that, you ask? It is a box that helps take brighter pictures of course. Since it gets dark at 4:30 these days, I am never able to take pictures of our dinner in natural light (which is the only way I really like to take pictures). So we made this. We still have some work to do, but I'll share one picture that somewhat worked!


Isn't this little guy cute? I bought it one day while I was at Ikea to give to Jeff.


After making this light box, we made some gluten-free pizza! Here are some pictures of us hard at work. It was a process, but SO worth it.


After breakfast I headed to my sister-in law's house to take pictures of her little girl, Sienna. They were adorable :) I got to her house around 10:00 and was feeling a bit hungry, so I had a handful of raw almonds.

Mid-Morning SNACK: raw almonds.


After the photo shoot, I drove myself to Whole Foods...because a happy day off would not be complete without a trip to my favorite grocery store :) I didn't even need to buy anything, I just feel happy there. I spent most of my time in the prepared foods section trying to figure out what I wanted for lunch that was under $5. And you'll never believe what I found-TAMALES! My family and I make tamales every Christmas, and that is pretty much the only time I eat them. It was a treat to enjoy one today. I saved the second one for lunch tomorrow since I was feeling quite full.

LUNCH: pork tamales & roasted brussel sprouts.


After lunch I took a long nap. This was a first in a long time. In college I was a pro at taking naps, and it felt awesome! I cleaned up the apartment a bit and then ate a pre-work out snack. I hate feeling full when I am running, but needed some more energy so ate 2 samples of Lara Bars. These aren't my favorite energy bars, but I had them on hand...so I ate them!

Pre-Work Out SNACK: 2 mini lara bars.


After the gym, Jeff and I came home to have dinner (check my "Fitness" page for today's work out-it was a new interval work out). We had to eat quickly since we have small group tonight at Lauren & Fritz's house! So I heated up some of the chicken & brown rice soup that Jeff's mom made for us earlier this week :) She always makes great gluten-free foods for me, and I am so thankful!

DINNER: chicken & brown rice soup.

I may or may not have had a few chocolate covered espresso beans after...


That's it for now! I might have a little snack at our small group :) So check back again later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

so many things to say!
1) the egg muffins are so cute! fritz would love that (also, you are such a good wife making Jeff breakfast on your day off!)
2) Your light box looks awesome the photos inside look really good! You might have to teach me how to make that because I hate after-dark pictures
3) I saw the homemade pizza today and it looked really good...everyone at school was jealous.
4) small group was really fun tonight! but we definitely need to hang out more. I miss you and I'm sick of Jeff :)
5) Did you like brussel sprouts?

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

OH! And I love the site redesign, it looks REALLY good

Cait Jensen said... Best Blogger Tips

Ok lots of responses.
1. the muffins are WAY easy, tell Fritz he can even make his own ;)
2. i think we need to make a new light box (or get better light bulbs), so maybe this is a project we can do together
3. the pizza made me feel fat (oops, i said the "f" word...)
4. i LOVE group. as it is though, 4 couple max ;)
5. i did like the brussel sprouts! i mean, they didn't taste like much...but i felt healthy after eating them so that's good at least
5. NEXT WEEKEND=BOY/GIRL SLEEPOVER. i miss you! me and you can watch girlie movies and bake/cook/blog and the boys can do manly things. jeff said to me on the way home, "i think i want to have that boys night with fritz soon..." i guess he is sick of me.

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design