Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our Saturday.

Jeff and I were finally home for a weekend without any plans. This is rare for us! For the past 4 weekends we have either traveled to PA or had visitors come here, so it was nice to just relax for an entire day together. However we still had to wake up to an alarm clock, which we hate doing on a Saturday :( I had to get blood taken this morning to get my thyroid checked...and my super great husband came along with me for moral support. Although he didn't come into the room, since he would have probably passed out from the needles. Poor guy hates needles & blood, but can cut a cadaver open and have no problem! Weirdo.

Here I am, unhappy about my arm now hurting. Also, don't mind the sweat...this was taken right after the gym. I did an interval workout and worked up a good sweat obviously!


But my sadness was quickly overwhelmed with happiness when I purchased some Nasoya wonton wraps for to make my lunch with. I got this idea from a blog I read called Carrots 'n' Cake. Tina, the author of the blog, often makes these for lunch...so I decided to make a recipe up! I made peanut butter, walnut, & apricot wontons...SO yummy. This was my second attempt at incorporating wheat back into my diet! I didn't have any reaction from the wrap I ate last week, so I am going to try and have a little bit of wheat each week.



Ingredients:
(makes 5)
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 5 chopped apricots
  • handful of chopped walnuts
  • 5 wonton wraps
Again, this is another easy and cheap recipe. The package of wraps comes with more than 50 in them, for only 2.50. It could be a fun appetizer, a lunch, or a snack after a small dinner! All you do is mix everything together in a small bowl then fill the wraps with the mixture.


Heat them up in the toaster oven for a few minutes.


And then eat. You could make these as a fun appetizer, lunch, or even a snack after dinner if you stuff them with something sweet like I did. Next week I am going to try Pumpkin Dumplings, from a recipe found on Nasoya's website. I topped mine off with some parmesean cheese (I know weird), but I like when sweet and salty go together. The perfect combination for me!


After lunch, Jeff and I watched way too many episodes of "Man vs. Food" on the Travel Channel. It was actually quite disturbing. What some American's consider food (like a 50 POUND cheeseburger) is just plain gross. I never really get sick from watching anything, but I was actually starting to gag at the enormous amounts of meat people were eating! We eventually both fell asleep. We woke up feeling lazy, so headed to the park to feed some ducks...and crossed our first thing off the bucket list!

What is Jeff carrying? A man purse?


Nope, just a coffee picnic!


We were going to just pick up a Holiday Drink at Starbucks since they are buy one get one free this entire weekend, but then we thought, "Why waste the 3 dollars when we have coffee at home?" And this super cute Godiva bag!


We sipped some coffee then got down to business with feeding the ducks. Some were crazy, some were plain old mean, some had broken wings, and some were pretty darn cute. I wanted to take a duck home for a pet...not really because I want a duck as a pet, but just because I want a dog and know I can't have one, so this was the closest thing at the moment?


This guy had a broken wing, so we fed him extra bread. Jeff was brave enough to hand feed him! I mostly just watched the madness...


We can officially check off our first item from our bucket list:




1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

congrats on your first bucket list item!! also I love your Godiva bag :) I want a coffee picnic!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design