Sunday, November 7, 2010

The day I ate some gluten...

Uh-oh. Today I decided to eat some gluten. And let me tell you, it was GOOD. Jeff and I wanted to run downtown, but we didn't want to run back. So, we dropped one car off and then drove home and started our 4ish mile run, ending with lunch at Tiger Lily Cafe (where I ate gluten for the first time in a long time).

But first, let me show you Jeff's new shoes! He decided to pose for this shot...


Our run wasn't great. We wanted it to be so badly...since we had planned it out and knew we would be ending with a fabulous and healthy lunch, but the wind killed us! It made us feel like we were moving SO slowly. We kept a 9 minute mile pace and finished 4 miles in about 34 minutes. Not bad for a windy Sunday (which should be a lazy day). I think what kept us going was knowing that we could relax while eating in only a few minutes!





I had a grilled vegetable balsamic wrap with hummus spread. The wrap had wheat in it. And I ate it...AHHHH. Jeff and I are scared for what my body/mouth might do to me for eating it, but we can only wait and see. I've been wanting to try and put gluten back into my diet slowly, so I guess you have to start somewhere. Today was the day I started. I think it was worth it :)


And I drank me some of this...


But what I really wanted were these...
(probably not the best post-work out snack)


Jeff enjoying his lunch. He had a grilled chicken ceasar wrap...BORING.

And here I am, eating my gluten filled wrap and loving every minute of it! Now we are off to relax and watch the Giants game...hope you are having a GREAT Sunday.

1 comments:

GirlyGirlCooks said... Best Blogger Tips

How do you eat gluten- free?!?! Kudos to you! I would really like to do it but I love baking!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design